SALES & BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
Job title: Sales & Business Development Manager
Working location: Naples, Italy
Type of employment: Permanent
We are looking for a dynamic sales professional with aviation industry experience able to effectively look after the overall sales activity. In this role, you will lead sales for all customer accounts and all products and services within the company portfolio. You will achieve increased sales targets both from existing accounts/customers and new prospect customers arising from your business development and marketing initiatives. You will be called to increase sales for new and existing customers by establishing solid and durable business relationship with them. You will be responsible for growing the customer base and influence the entire organization to eliminate barriers to sales success and further company growth.
- The new Sales & Business Development Manager shall take in charge the existing customers portfolio and will act as a proactive and expert professional to boost business development opportunities in the reference markets as well as foster long-term relationships with aerospace customers.
- Business Development will be focused on DOA Part21J Engineering and Modification Services market (namely aircraft leasing companies and airlines) as well as Airlines Cabin Branding market to satisfy our target customers and emerging opportunities.
- Target customers will be airlines, aircraft leasing companies, MRO, Cabin Interiors OEMs and aircraft manufactures. The successful candidate will be responsible to identify, grow and enhance these customer relationships.
- Responsible for business development activity in the reference market. Ensure that growth objectives are achieved according to agreed goals and in line with the company’s goal and approved budget.
- Responsible for identifying market opportunities primarily for engineering services and branding elements but also seeking new partners and suppliers to complete and let better match the offered services to customer’s needs.
- Provide a proactive contribution for establishing close relationship to potential stakeholders, including but not limited to airline companies, cooperation partners, core suppliers, etc.
- In the daily activity either with customers or colleagues to keep the attitude to manage and solve related problems within quick response, sincere approach & proper manner and politeness.
- Communicate customer requirements within the organization and request support from other departments as necessary to assist in achieving established objectives.
- Drives current sales campaigns which can include necessity for mailing and re-calling with new prospects & customers. Elaborate sales plan and forecast. Provide substantial contribution in establishing targets and roadmaps to achieve overall revenue growth.
- Assist in the preparation of written quotes, RFP’s, RFI’s and RFQ responses and sales
proposals & negotiations. Handle all customer calls on timely basis.
- Ability to present sales proposals in person, via phone, via the web to all levels of customers/prospects including, buyers, owners, etc.
- Continuously identifies new markets/trends and new sales opportunities. Define roadmap to the improvement of company ratios based on business and budget plans.
- Monitors competitor products, services, sales and marketing activities.
- Develop, manage, and nurture new business accounts and partnerships to accomplish sales volume and profit goals.
- Travel frequently European and/or internationally in order to visit customers and potential customers’ facilities by providing them with information and support as required to secure business.
- Represent the company at industry trade shows, conferences, exhibitions and fairs and support the organization and the logistics aspects of company attendance to those events.
Skill and Expertise Requirements:
- MBA or equivalent Bachelor Degree in Economics/Business Administration or Mechanical / Aerospace/ Engineering
- Strong knowledge of, and wide network within, the Airlines sector and Aircraft Leasing Companies sector.
- Past and proven professional experience of not less than 3 years of business development, sales and marketing within the aircraft/aviation industry market.
- In-depth knowledge and good understanding of the operation model of aircraft components business with special focus on cabin interiors components and EASA Part21J environment.
- Superior interpersonal, presentation and communication skills are required.
- Influential relationship building, collaboration and sophisticated negotiating skills are also necessary.
- Self-motivated, able to operate independently also with minimal direction, able to assumes ownership and accountability.
- Demonstrated capacity and track record successes to meet or exceed sales volumes/targets.
- Demonstrated problem solving and conflict resolution attitude and outstanding organizational skills with the ability to prioritize
- Demonstrated use of fair negotiating tactics & methods in contractual negotiations aimed to establishing long-term and solid relationship
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex.