ABC is looking for a Sales & Project Engineer (Dublin based)
We are looking for a dynamic sales professional with aviation industry experience and a strong technical background as well able to effectively look after the overall sales activity for our Dublin office. In this role, you will lead sales for all customer accounts and all products and services within the Irish territory with special focus to Leasing Companies. You will be called to establish solid and durable business relationship with all of them. You will be responsible for growing the lessors customer base and achieve increased sales targets both from existing accounts/customers and new prospect customers arising from your business development and marketing initiatives. As Project Engineer you will also take over awarded projects by Leasing Companies (namely EASA Part21J Minor Change to cabin Interiors) and will work in close coordination with the Engineering Department based in Italy to accomplish any project and successful achieve for it the on-time approval.
- The new Sales & Project Engineer as head of the ABC INTERNATIONAL Dublin office, shall take in charge the Irish based Leasing Companies portfolio and will act as a proactive and expert professional to boost business development opportunities in the reference market as well as foster long-term relationships with each of them.
- Main focus will be on selling DOA Part21J Engineering and Modification Services by proposing effective solutions, tailor-made on customer’ specific needs in terms of contents, scope of work, lead-time and cost, always framed into a long-term partnership perspective.
- Target customers will be namely Irish based aircraft Leasing Companies as well as other leasing companies, airlines, MRO and Cabin Interiors. The successful candidate will be responsible to identify, grow and enhance these customer relationships.
- Responsible for the management of the ABC INTRNATIONAL Dublin office, including all typical duties and responsibilities to keep it in full functionality and efficiency.
- Responsible for business development activity in the reference market. Ensure that growth objectives are achieved according to company’s goal and approved budget.
- Responsible for establishing a solid and durable base of relationships with all Leasing Companies and identifying new market opportunities with them primarily for engineering services.
- Seeking new partners and suppliers on Irish territory to complete and let the offered services better match customer’s needs.
- Visit frequently and regularly Leasing Companies and establishing with their key people/decision makers (CTO, VP Engineering, etc.) positive and friendly relationship aimed to increase level of confidence towards ABC INTERNATIONAL organization and ultimately obtain to be included in the list of their preferred DOA service providers regularly receiving all their RFQs for cabin interiors modification services.
- Always in full coordination with Italian headquarter the new Sales & Project Engineer will drive sales campaigns towards Irish territory which can include necessity for mailing and re-calling with new prospects & customers. Provide substantial contribution in establishing sales forecast, revenue targets and roadmaps to achieve overall revenue growth.
- Collect RFQs and any requirement from Customers and communicate promptly them within the organization to request support from other departments as necessary to assist in achieving established objectives.
- Lead and coordinate the sales proposal preparation process in response to RFP’s, RFI’s and RFQ. Caring of timely sending of proposal to customers and initiate related negotiations aimed to achieve final award of projects. Ability to present sales proposals in person, via phone, via the web to all levels of customers/prospects including, buyers, VP, owners, etc. Handle all customer calls on timely basis.
- Monitor competitors services, offer and sales & marketing activities towards the reference Irish market to identify best approach to customers and deliver the uttermost added value and overcome competition performances.
- For awarded project arising from Irish market the new Sales & Project Engineer shall also act as assigned technical project interface with Customer and as a such shall manage the project by preparing, scheduling, coordinating and monitoring all the projects activities.
- Collect all pre-modification technical data form Customer on the specific aircraft subject of the modification project and assess such documentation is updated, valid and sufficient to perform the project and achieve relevant approval.
- Guarantee compliance to all applicable Aviation Authorities standards and regulations (namely EASA and FAA) as well as applicable Customer specifications while accomplishing the project.
- Cooperate and communicate effectively with all other project participants (also based in Italy) such as designers and certification engineers to make sure project is on-time and on schedule and final release/approval date is met consistently with contractual SOW.
Skill and Expertise Requirements:
- Bachelor Degree in Aerospace/Mechanical Engineering or Economics/Business Administration (better if completed with a MBA) or a proven plurennial past experience in similar positions within Aviation Industry/Airlines.
- Strong knowledge of, and wide network within, the Aircraft Leasing Companies sector.
- Past and proven professional experience of not less than 3 years of business development or sales & marketing or project engineer/technical role within the aircraft/aviation industry market.
- In-depth knowledge and good understanding of the aircraft business with special focus on cabin interiors, aircraft transitions and EASA Part21J environment.
- Superior interpersonal, presentation and communication skills are required.
- Influential relationship building, collaboration and sophisticated negotiating skills are also necessary.
- Self-motivated, able to operate independently also with minimal direction, able to assumes ownership and accountability.
- Demonstrated capacity and track record successes to meet or exceed sales volumes/targets.
- Demonstrated problem solving and conflict resolution attitude and outstanding organizational skills with the ability to prioritize
- Demonstrated use of fair negotiating tactics & methods in contractual negotiations aimed to establishing long-term and solid relationship
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Good knowledge of design and visualizations software such as AutoCAD
We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex.